Pathway for Yang Stepping Vessel
- It originates from the lateral side of the heel, then flows to Shenmai BL-62 before the external malleolus.
- After passing Pushe BL-61 and Fuyang BL-59 around the external malleolus, the pathway ascends to Juliao GB-29 at the hip, along the lateral side of lower leg and thigh.
- It continues ascending the side of the body to Naoshu SI-10 of the shoulder, where it connects with the Small Intestine Channel and the Yang Linking Vessel.
- Afterwards, it goes up the outside of the shoulder and crosses the Large Intestine Channel at Jugu LI-16 and Jianyu LI-15.
- Passing Renying ST-9 of the throat, it continues ascending to Dicang ST-4 lateral to the corner of the mouth, which is also the meeting point for the Large Intestine and Stomach Channel as well as the Directing Vessel.
- Then it ascends the cheek and reaches Jingming BL-1 at the inner canthus, where it meets the Small Intestine, Bladder and Stomach Channels as well as the Yin Stepping Vessel.
- Finally it flows over the skull, passing behind the ear and terminate at Fengchi GB-20Fengchi GB-20 at the occiput area.